TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE SUPPLY OF PRODUCTS TO CONSUMERS ONLY
- These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you as a consumer.
- These terms and conditions do not apply to products we supply to other businesses.
- Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- We are Alexander Windows Limited (“Alexander Windows”) a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 02599172 and our registered office is at Unit 42a Newby Road Industrial, Estate Newby Road, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5DA.
- You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0161 482 2300 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Unit 42a Newby Road Industrial, Estate Newby Road, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5DA.
- If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, because our products are handmade, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website have a 5mm tolerance.
- The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
- If we are making the product to measurements you have given us you are responsible for ensuring that these measurements are correct. You can find information and tips on how to measure on our website or by contacting us.
YOUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
- If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (please see our cancellation policy).
OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
- We may change the product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
PRICES AND PAYMENT
- The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 7.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
- We accept payment via most major credit or debit card providers and PayPal. We must receive payment in full for all products and any related delivery charges unless we have agreed otherwise in advance in writing.
PLACING AN ORDER
- At the checkout, you must create an account. When you create an account, you will be able to log in to your account and view your order(s), delivery address(es), contact details and you can also unsubscribe from newsletters.
- When you place an order through our website, we will send an email to confirm that we have received the order. All orders are subject to these terms and conditions.
- Orders placed on our website represent an offer to purchase a product. Our acceptance of an order will take place when we send you an email to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. We reserve the right to reject any order for any reason. If we reject an order for any reason, we will refund you for any product you have paid for but not received.
- All orders are subject to stock availability. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you in writing as soon as reasonably practicable and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for or because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- We do not make deliveries to any addresses outside of 30 miles of our Stockport headquarters.
- The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
- During the order process you will have the option to have the products delivered to an address specified by you or to collect the products from our premises.
- When the products are ready for delivery or collection (as applicable) we will contact you to let you know the products are ready for delivery or collection (as applicable) and to agree a delivery or collection date.
- If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
- If you have asked to collect the products from our premises, you can collect them from us at any time during our working hours of 7.30am – 5.00pm on weekdays (excluding public holidays in England).
- If no one is available at the address specified by you when placing the order to take delivery of the products we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot and a re-delivery charge of £100 may apply.
- If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and our cancellation policy will apply.
- The product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or you or a carrier organised by you collects it from us.
- You own the product once we have received payment in full.
- We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and/or
- make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clauses 5 and 6).
- We provide guarantees on all of our products where stated or where our guarantee logo appears for a period of ten years. We do not provide any guarantees for any associated workmanship in relation to installation of the product(s).
CANCELLATION, RETURNS AND REFUNDS
Please read your rights to cancelling an order and our return and refund policy as shown here .
COMPLAINTS AND HANDLING POLICY
- If you are not satisfied with any aspect of the product(s) received from Alexander Windows please inform us about your complaint by either letter, email, telephone or the Contact Us form on the website.
- At Alexander Windows we want to make sure our customers get the best products possible. However, if you are not happy with the products you have received we would like to hear about it, that way we can do something to put it right. We want to make it easy for you to tell us of your experience, fully investigate your complaint giving the attention it deserves, resolve your complaint fairly and reasonably without delay and to make sure you are satisfied with how your complaint was handled.
- We aim to resolve your complaint in a fast and effective manner and at the earliest opportunity but if we can’t due to more in-depth investigation requirements, we will agree on a timescale with you and remain in direct contact with you on a regular basis. From receipt of your complaint, we will acknowledge and respond to you within 2 business days (excluding the period between Christmas and New Year).
- If we cannot resolve a complaint using our internal complaint handling procedure, we will:
- let you know that we cannot settle the complaint with you; and
- give you certain information required by law about our alternative dispute resolution provider.
- We will pay £50 for images that are emailed to us via the email email@example.com of an Alexander Windows window installed in your home or installed by you in a client/customer/another’s home and are subsequently used on our website. The £50 payment is on a per order basis and is not payable for each image submitted from that order.
- No personal information to identify you or the address will be published or used. Any text information will be limited to property type, county location and window range. By submitting a photo and receiving payment, you grant Alexander Windows a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use the image on the web, print email or other forms of advertising Alexander Windows deem fit without giving notice. We reserve the right to publish, edit or remove photos and images without giving you notice.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
- losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed;
- that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract within 14 days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for products not provided.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- These terms are governed by and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.